LIKE NO OTHER
The Evolution R is the culmination of our engineers’ and machinists’ artistic and technical prowess. It features a fully sealed carbon fiber drag with an industry-best power-to-weight ratio. Encased in a super lightweight frame, all models are less than 5.2 oz. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
Machining a fly reel is as much art as it is skill. Just as a perfect loop flying over the water is a thing of beauty crafted by the caster, the Evolution R is the culmination of our engineers’ and machinists’ artistic and technical prowess.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippet. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in a fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
- All models less than 5.2 oz and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system | Proprietary carbon fiber and stainless steel disc stack
STAINLESS STEEL INTERNALS
- All internal components are machined stainless steel
CUSTOM HANDLE MATERIAL
- Fully machined canvas phenolic rod, resting on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post yields reduced weight and increased grip when wet
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
CONNECTION AND CONVERSION
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
FLY LINE COVERAGE
- 4WT - 8WT
- Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater, and saltwater fishing environments
- Matte Black and Platinum
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY